Click on your interest below. It will expand to show details.
The Alzheimer’s Association welcomes all qualified applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, NORTHEASTERN MA WALK - Click to view
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, NORTHEASTERN MA WALK
Full-time (40 hours/week)
General Statement of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Development Officer, Northeast & Neponset Valley MA & NH Regions this Development Officer plays a key role implementing outreach and fundraising activities in the Northeastern MA Region, especially coordinating the Walk to End Alzheimer’s at this location. The role also includes overseeing the effective functioning of the volunteer event committee that drives this important Walk. This is a key fundraising event for the Association, representing more than $495,000 contribution to revenue, and therefore, requires a seasoned professional with demonstrated success delivering on goals and managing a cadre of volunteers. This person is based at the Waltham office, and must be able to travel throughout the Region and Chapter. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Core Job Responsibilities
- As the key staff member for the Northeastern MA Walk to End Alzheimer’s, ensure that team participation, corporate and individual financial goals are successfully met
- Recruit, train and motivate (1) skilled participants to serve on the event committee, and (2) a cadre of volunteers to coordinate a safe and meaningful day of event experience for constituents; while delivering on the goals for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s event and other development activities; and, serve as staff liaison to the Walk Volunteer Committees
- Build holistic relationships and secure sponsorship revenue from corporations in the Northeastern MA Region, and cultivate other beneficial relationships with potential donors in the assigned region
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association and make public presentations at community and public events
- Assist other Walk to End Alzheimer’s within the chapter as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience in fundraising
- Five years’ related experience with proven success in development, marketing, special event fundraising or related activities, including strong volunteer management experience
- Three years’ experience with fundraising software, preferably Raiser’s Edge, and donor database applications; desktop publishing and online giving software (i.e., Convio) a plus
Key Professional Attributes
- Superior self-management skills, as independent initiative and ability to collaborate are essential
- Deadline driven, incorporating effective planning and time management strategies that support collaborative delivery of results
- Ability to build effective relationship networks (inside and outside the Association), including supporting others to work enthusiastically towards common objectives
- Highly collaborative and team focused, as much of the delivery of results requires influencing other without “reporting-authority”
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, reflecting an understanding of the appropriate use of communication technologies and an appreciation that each audience requires its own approach
- Appreciation of cultural and ethnic diversity, especially with respect to outreach to underserved communities
Competitive Salary and Benefits provided
To apply, please send resume to:
309 Waverley Oaks Road
Waltham, MA 02452
Email: Tom Leckrone email@example.com