Can anyone register the day of?
YES! Please have them arrive one hour ahead of the appropriate start time in order to park, register and get to the start line on time!
Can I change my distance?
Yes. If you need to change your distance, you can do so up until the day of the Ride. Please arrive one hour before your distance start time to change your route.
When do I get my Ride Jersey?
If you have fundraised $250 or more by noon on Friday, June 8th you will receive your 2018 Ride Jersey when you pick up your bib number. Please note that Jerseys are not for sale and will not be available otherwise.
What do I do with Cash/Check Donations?
Bring them with you when you pick up your bib number and we will give you a participant envelope to fill and complete. These will be added to your fundraising page after the Ride. You may also mail them into the Alzheimer’s Association Office:
What do I need to bring?
- Your bike and helmet!!! Amidst the hustle of Ride prep these are oddly enough often left at home so don’t forget to pack the important stuff first!
- GU or any specific nutrition products you have trained with. We will supply food and beverages at the Pit Stops, but may not have exactly what you are used to.
- Don’t forgot to bring your ID if you’d like to enjoy a cold beer after your finish.
- Check the weather and be prepared, if it’s going to rain bring a light rain jacket or hat, and don’t forget sunscreen for a warm sunny day.
How do I know what the route is?
- Each of the 3 distances will be clearly marked on the roads with bright orange spray chalk.
- Large directional signs will be staked in the ground at intersections
- Cue sheets will be available at Bib Pick Up and Rider Check In if you want them
- Download the “Ride with GPS – Bike Computer” app on your mobile device. Free cue sheets and maps for each course are available, just search for “Ride to End Alz”. For a small fee you can get turn by turn navigation for the course of your choice as well. This is great app that we highly recommend!
- Multiple SAG vehicles will be on all the courses, be on the lookout for them. If you get lost, call the emergency number on the wristband we’ll give you and we will find you and get you back on course.
Can I leave a change of clothes or personal items while I’m riding?
YES! By popular demand we are providing a participant BAG CHECK this year. When you pick up your bib number you will receive a plastic drawstring bag (18″x15.5″). Whatever you can fit in the bag can be checked! Please note: the Bag Check will be staffed by volunteers at all times but the Alzheimer’s Association is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. We will not accept laptops and do not recommend checking any valuable items, please leave these in your car.
Will there be a bike tech available?
Yes. We will have three bike techs available at the start of each course if your bike needs a quick fix or adjustment. Please prepare your bike in advance and show up road ready! Bike techs will also be available at each Pit Stop.
Where can I park?
We will have parking volunteers on site to direct you. We will be parking cyclists by distance as you arrive. Please be prepared for a short walk/ride to the start line.
My family wants to volunteer, where should they go?
If your loved ones want to volunteer, have them complete this online form to sign up. Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch with their assignment and details.
Is there a place to shower or change at the start/finish?
Yes! There are park restrooms where you can change and there will be a mobile shower trailer. After your finish, please check in with our shower volunteers to sign up for a shower. They will call you when it’s your turn. Towels/soap/shampoo are not provided so please bring your own. You are welcome to put these items in the drawstring bag we give you and leave it at the Bag Check.
How can I get my beer at the finish?
There will be a ticket attached to your bib. You will need a valid ID in order to be served. No exceptions per state law.
When is our fundraising due?
All participants have until August 31st to fundraise!
When will I receive my fundraising prizes?
All fundraising incentive prizes will be mailed out after the fundraising deadline of August 31st.