Show Your Purple Day Info
Join us on June 14th at the Boston Public Market for a fun day of Brain Health Awareness building! From 10:00-12:00, the Alzheimer’s Association will be giving away free t-shirts to help raise awareness and start the conversation on how to love your brain. At 1:30, join us for a brain healthy nutrition demonstration and learn how to shop locally for brain health foods. Learn more and RSVP to our Facebook event.
Visit our food truck partners, Moyzilla and the Chubby Chickpea, to try their brain healthy specials throughout the month of June. Be sure to snap a photo to share on your social media with the hashtag #ShowYourPurple.
#ENDALZ on Social Media
Social Media Post Examples
- Early detection matters. During Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month, learn the 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease and how to recognize them in yourself and others. Get started at alz.org/10signs.
- Show your Purple during Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month! Rock the movement’s signature color and learn all the ways you can go purple with the Alzheimer’s Association at alz.org/abam.
- Alzheimer’s is fatal. It kills more than breast and prostate cancer combined.
- More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Alzheimer’s is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States.
- Every 66 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- Alzheimer’s is not normal aging. It’s a progressive brain disease without any cure.
- Alzheimer’s is more than memory loss. It’s a fatal disease that may appear through a variety of signs or symptoms.
- Everyone who has a brain is at risk to develop Alzheimer’s disease.
- Approximately 200,000 people under the age of 65 are living with younger-onset Alzheimer’s.
- Currently, there is no way to prevent, cure or even slow Alzheimer’s disease.
- By adopting healthy lifestyle habits, you can reduce your risk of cognitive decline.