Go Purple! Do something, host something, wear something. Your town can take action today to raise awareness and support those in your community living with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Go purple during Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month in June. Do something to raise awareness with the movement’s signature color and paint the town purple.
- Help persons living with Alzheimer’s and their families know about the resources available at no cost for them from the Alzheimer’s Association. Host an Alzheimer’s Association outreach table.
- Join us on Wednesday, June 21st – the longest day of the year and a special day of action for the Alzheimer’s community. Create a team for The Longest Day®, a fundraising event to honor those facing the disease and their caregivers. Or, encourage your members to wear purple to recognize this important day. Learn more and sign up at alz.org/thelongestday.
- Start a Walk to End Alzheimer’s team to engage your community at alzwalkmanh.org
- Early detection matters, learn the 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease and how to recognize them in yourself and others. Host an education program in your community.
- Promote Alzheimer’s Awareness to your local neighborhood businesses and help make your businesses dementia friendly. Host a talk about “Dementia and your community”
To request Materials to help support your action, click here. Or to request an Alzheimer’s Association representative click here.