Meeting of the Minds
Did You Know… ?
- More than 5 million Americans are currently living with Alzheimer’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
- More than 15 million Americans provide unpaid care for people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias
- African-Americans are about twice as likely to have Alzheimer’s or other dementias as older whites
- Hispanics are about one and one-half times as likely to have Alzheimer’s or other dementias as older whites
For more information, visit our Facts Page.