Start a Support Group
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator.
Alzheimer’s Association Support Groups are regularly scheduled in-person or virtual gatherings of people living with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia, family, and friends. All Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitators attend a full-day training program that focuses on group dynamics, management, and facilitator roles and responsibilities. Please review the following requirements of an Alzheimer’s Association Affiliated Support Group to determine if the role suits you.
- Ability to commit to at least one year of service to the group
- Have at least one year of experience in dementia care (personal or professional)
- Not be currently caregiving in a personal capacity
- Participate in monthly attendance collection and submission
- Complete annual Support Group renewal paperwork
- Be willing to undergo a criminal background check
If you meet these requirements and are interested in becoming an Alzheimer’s Association Affiliated Support Group Facilitator, please click on the button on this page to complete the application. You will be contacted within three business days to schedule a call to review your application.