2020 Boston Marathon®
Team End ALZ is a proud official charity of the John Hancock Non-Profit Program!
The application for charity bibs for the 2020 Boston Marathon® is closed. Please check back again in late August/early September for the 2021 online application.
Click here for details on the application process and requirements.
To be added to our 2021 Boston Marathon application notification list click here.
Do you have a Boston Qualified entry or your own entry from another source?
If so, join our team here.
Be part of the excitement of Marathon Monday and come hang out with us at our official Alzheimer’s Association cheering station as we get loud for our Team End ALZ runners! Add your name to the list and we’ll send you more details on where and when to meet us on marathon day, April 20th. Purple cowbells and pom poms for all!
Team End ALZ is comprised of charity runners, time-qualified runners and runners who received an invitational entry on their own. Funds raised by Team End ALZ runners directly supports the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association; to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research and to provide care and support for all affected.
The Team End ALZ program began in 2001 when a few dedicated athletes participated in the Boston Marathon on behalf of the Alzheimer’s Association. The program has grown over the past 17 years, raising over $7.5M since inception. The 2019 Boston Marathon Team raised over $407,000.
The Alzheimer’s Association is proud to be an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program. The Non-Profit Program provides over 1000 Boston Marathon® entries to select non-profit organizations throughout the community, which provides organizations with significant fundraising opportunity. Last year, John Hancock Non-Profit Runners raised over $14M for their causes.
Learn more about the John Hancock Non-Profit Program here.
All Team End ALZ Members Receive:
- A personal fundraising webpage on Crowdrise
- A fundraising coach to provide helpful fundraising tips and tools
- Professional coach to create personalized training programs and provide weekly training tips
- Weekly group runs on Saturdays on the marathon course itself
- Team Kick-Off (mandatory attendance required)
- Team End ALZ New Balance running singlet
- Fundraising recognition incentives
- Team End ALZ Banquet on race weekend
- Private bus transportation to Hopkinton on race day
- Pre-Race light breakfast and bag drop
- Post-Race celebration with refreshments, showers, family meeting point and pictures at hotel near the finish line.
- Team gear and more!
-Danny Shea, Boston Marathon 2016 & 2018